Mrs. Woodring

All About Me

My name is Sarah Woodring and I am a first grade teacher at Georgetown Elementary School.  I have the blessing of working with an amazing staff at Georgetown who help me grow as a teacher each year.  First grade is a truly amazing year, I can’t wait to support your child as he/she grows this year.  I hope you enjoy the blog as a way of communicating with me.  I will post information updates, pictures, and student work multiple times each week, so visit often!

Here is a little information about my family and me:

I live here in Hudsonville with my husband, Ira, our three sons (Hatteras, Oliver, and Castiel), and our two puppies, Molly and Josie.  My husband is a professor of computer science at GVSU.  He is a true life long learner and dabbles in many fields of interest.  Hatter is my eight year old son and will be in third grade this year.  Our middle son, Ollie, is a spunky five year old who is so excited to be at Georgetown for kindergarten this year. And our youngest, Cas, is only two, but has personality to spare. These boys keep me laughing and smiling all day long.

I am originally from Portage, Mi (born in Lansing-Go State!) and attended Hope College in Holland.  After graduating, I moved to North Carolina where I taught first grade for a year. Then, I moved to Hudsonville and I have been teaching first grade ever since.  I have a master’s degree from GVSU in Educational Technology and I love integrating technology into our classroom.  This year, your student will get opportunities to utilize amazing tech. tools on a daily basis.

2 thoughts on “Mrs. Woodring