Mrs. Woodring

All About Me

My name is Sarah Woodring and I am a first grade teacher at Georgetown Elementary School.  I have the blessing of working with an amazing staff at Georgetown who help me grow as a teacher each year.  First grade is a truly amazing year, I can’t wait to support your child as he/she grows this year.  I hope you enjoy the blog as a way of communicating with me.  I will post information updates, pictures, and student work multiple times each week, so visit often!

Here is a little information about my family and me:

I live here in Hudsonville with my husband, Ira, our three sons (Hatteras, Oliver, and Castiel), and our two puppies, Molly and Josie.  My husband is a professor of computer science at GVSU.  He is a true life long learner and is working on his doctoral degree at MSU.  Hatter is our nine year old son and will be in fourth grade this year.  Our middle son, Ollie, is a spunky six year old who is in first grade, right next door in Mrs. Stadt’s room. And our youngest, Cas, is three with personality to spare. These boys keep me laughing and smiling all day long.

I am originally from Portage, Mi (born in Lansing-Go State!) and attended Hope College in Holland.  After graduating, I moved to North Carolina where I taught first grade. Then, I moved to Hudsonville and I have been teaching first grade for many years now.  I have a master’s degree from GVSU in Educational Technology and I love integrating technology into our classroom.  This year, your student will get opportunities to utilize amazing tech. tools on a daily basis.

2 thoughts on “Mrs. Woodring