Here is our lunch menu for September.
BUS PASS Procedures for Grades 1-5 are as follows:
1. Parents must submit the attached BUS PASS to the transportation office by 10:00 am the morning of the transportation change. Parents will be notified by 1:00 pm if the change is approved or denied. DO NOT CALL SCHOOL OFFICE FOR INFORMATION. If you have questions call Transportation: 616-669-7757
- Download form and Fax: 616-669-4876 DOWNLOAD: BUS PASS for Grades 1-5 Students
- Scan/Email form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit an online BUS PASS ONLINE FORM
2. Schools will be notified of the changes by 1 pm of the day of change. The bus driver will also receive notification of the change in transportation.
Questions about policy go to Jane Bykerk, Director of Transportation.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 616.669.77
First Grade Families,
Wow! The first day of school is sure sneaking up quick. I can hardly believe it’s already the end of August!!! To ease the transition into the new school year, be sure to attend our Georgetown School Open House. The event will take place on Wednesday, August 27 from 6:30-7:30.
At the Open House, each child will have a chance to meet me, explore our classroom, find his/her locker, and even pick out a seat for the first day of school. It will be a great way to kick off the start of a new school year!!! I can’t wait!!! Until then, keep checking the blog for important information about first grade.
1. Check out the SCHOOL SUPPLIES post if you still need to stock up on your school items. You and your first grader are welcome to bring these things to our Open House tomorrow. (This will help to lighten up backpacks for the first day of school!)
Looking forward to seeing you this Wednesday at our Open House!
We are very excited to start the new school year! Please remember to join us for one of our Open Houses this week. The schedule is as follows:
- PK Monday, August 25 @ 6:30 pm
- K Tuesday, August 26 @ 6:30 pm
- Grades 1-5 Wednesday, August 27 @ 6:30 pm
At all three open houses, we will be collecting donations for POPCORN DAYS. Each month, parent volunteers provide popcorn to all our students as a special treat. Popcorn Fridays (one per month) are FAVORITE DAYS in our building. Popcorn parents are ROCKSTARs! Your OPEN HOUSE donations allow us to offer popcorn free of charge to ALL students. Please DONATE. The container will be in the rotunda.
We would love to have more support for the many activities we offer for students and families during the year. Please show your support by completing this survey: PTC SURVEY 2014
Thank you so much FIRST GRADE FAMILIES!!! We were blown away by all the volunteers who showed up last night to help us out with some first grade prep work. The room was packed! The sheer number of scissors at work in the classroom was impressive, and it was a blast to see some of the first graders and meet new faces!
We were able to get TONS of reading tools cut, writing packets stapled, labels added to books, and books scanned into our new WEB reading check-out system. We so appreciate your help with these jobs as they would take us forever on our own!
Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I’ll be sure to let you know when other volunteer opportunities arise throughout the school year!