Thanks for your patience! Here are photos from the past two weeks of Friday Reading Shares:
Happy End-of-the-Week! Check out the happenings from Room 104 in the March 26 Newsletter.
I promise I will do a picture update this weekend of all the fun pictures from the past few weeks! Keep checking back!
So many fun books to read, so little time. We read a new one this week by one of our favorite authors, David Wiesner. Tuesday let the kids use their imaginations and ask lots of questions. Check out more of David Wiesner’s books, your child would love talking the books over with you!
I know…I know…here we just get excited about a new season and Mrs. Reagan rolls out all those ol’ rules again! Think about it this way, it wouldn’t be a season change at school if we didn’t have to remind you about some basic rules to keep everyone safe on the playground.
So it’s official…spring is here and this is a short list of things to remember:
1. Things with wheels cannot be ridden on the playground during the school day. If your parents approve riding a bike, skateboard, ripstick or heeley’s to school, that is a-okay with me. However, as soon as you get onto the school property, YOU MUST:
- Park your bike at the rack
- Pick up your ripstick/skateboard and carry it onto the playground
- Stop wheeling on heeley’s
2. After school, you may not ride your ripstick or skateboard until you get onto the sidewalk that leads to the bike path near the paper gator. This is for SAFETY reasons! We have many children walking to the cars to meet their parents.
3. After school, please WALK your bike to the same area before you get on it. This is a safety issue.
And, finally, please respect our fourth and fifth grade safeties who are trying to make sure all children make it out of school and on their way home safely. If they remind you to pick up your boards, sticks or walk your bike…please do as they ask, respectfully.
Check out the happenings from Room 104 this last week: March 19 Newsletter
Our spring Scholastic Book Fair will take place this week March 15-19. Our class will be visiting the Book Fair to PREVIEW BOOKS on Tuesday, March 16, and PURCHASE BOOKS on Thursday, March 18, from 10:00-10:20am. After our preview on Tuesday, your child will bring home a wish list of their favorites. If your child would like to purchase books, you can send their money (tax included) in an envelope to school by Thursday or attend the “Family Shopping” night on Tuesday, March 16 from 3:30pm through 7:00pm.
I hope you are enjoying this warmer weather as much as we are!
Please check out our weekly update: March 12 Newsletter
On March 16, our superintendent Nick Ceglarek will be presenting to our PTC. Mr. Ceglarek will be sharing the current goals for our district, including dealing with the challenges in state funding and planning for the upcoming building projects that are designed to accommodate our increasing enrollment.
This would be an excellent meeting to attend, providing you with first hand information about the district initiatives. The meeting will be held in the media center at 7 pm.