Thank you so much for coming to meet me and check out the classroom at our Open House. It was so nice to match up a smiling face with your child’s name. I look forward to seeing them again on Tuesday morning. I have a few more notes for you to read to help us get ready for the new school year.
1. Healthy-Snacks – In order to keep our nut, egg, and milk allergy students healthy and safe, we will be keeping our classroom nut free. Please read the healthy snacks letter to better understand which snacks are appropriate to send with your student each day. Because of the carpet in our classroom, we are only allowed to drink water in our room. Please feel free to send a water bottle to school with your student, but no juice please.
2. Birthdays – We have many birthdays to celebrate this year and we are going to have fun doing it! One detail that might be a change from kindergarten is that we do not allow students to bring in a birthday snack for the class. This is a decision we made for the safety of our nut allergy friends. Please read the note for more details, but know that your student’s special day will still be celebrated in a fun way with the class.
3. If it wasn’t made clear to you at Open House, every morning before school, your child will meet out on the kindergarten playground. They will play until the bell rings. When the bell rings, they will line up along the inside of the fence on the parking lot side (right side). Once they are in line, I will take them into the building. This is how we will meet each and every morning of the year (even in the frigid winter months). The only time they will not meet me on the playground is on days when it rains. In that case, a morning aide will let them in the bus loop door by the kindergarten classrooms and they will wait for me in line down there.
4. Please remember, on the first day of school, to send your student with their School Supplies and their favorite book choice (Welcome Letter). This does not need to be a book that they can read all by themselves (Good question Alex!!). We have gym on the very first day of school, so, it would be ideal for each student to bring their gym shoes with them the very first day.
5. September Calendar – Check out our schedule of specials for this month. I will post a new calendar at the start of each new month.
6. For those of you who signed up to be a WEB reading volunteer, we will not be starting WEB reading for the first few weeks of school. So, don’t worry about coming to volunteer until I get in contact with you. Thanks so much for your generosity!